Kitronik Servo:Lite Board for the BBC micro:bit
This Servo:Lite board for the BBC micro:bit can form the control hub for your robotics project, control up top three servos & has 5 x RGB ZIP LEDs on board.
The Servo:Lite board for the BBC micro:bit is a simple board that allows you to easily connect and control low power servo motors (servo's must be capable of operating at 3.3V) using the BBC micro:bit. It is connected to the micro:bit using five bolts. Connect two servos in standard configuration and it can drive up to 3 servos if the addressable ‘ZIP’ LEDs aren’t needed.
It is powered by 3 AAA batteries and also supplies power to the BBC micro:bit, the board features an On / off switch so when it's not in use the batteries won't drain.
The board also features 5 x RGB individually addressable ZIP LEDs (NeoPixel compatible) and additional external ZIP LEDs can be connected to the board as required.
Kitronik have produced a range of tutorials and guides that can be found in the resources section below. They have guides detailing; how to control a third servo and how to write code for the on-board ZIP LEDs.
- Connect two servos in standard conﬁguration and can drive up to 3 servos if the addressable ‘ZIP’ LEDs aren’t needed.
- Powered by 3 AAA batteries that also supply power to the BBC microbit (not supplied).
- On / off switch.
- 5 x RGB addressable ZIP LEDs (NeoPixel compatible). Additional external ZIP LEDs can be connected to the board.
- 1 x Servo:Lite board with battery holder pre-fitted.
- 5 x M3x8 Counter sunk Pozi Steel screws.
- 1 x Perspex spacer.
- Length: 55mm.
- Height: 52mm.
- Height: 17mm.
- 3 x AAA Batteries.
- 1 x BBC microbit.