The MI:power board for the BBC micro:bit brings real portability to your wearable projects. The stylish, lightweight PCB is designed to fit snugly against the BBC micro:bit and features a built-in buzzer and 3V coin cell holder.
When assembled, the MI:power board is connected directly to the 3V, GND and P0 connections on the micro:bit. The 3V and GND connections provide power to the micro:bit and the built-in buzzer is connected to P0, which is the default output pin when using the audio functions in the Block Editor software.
The board has an easy to access on/off switch, which makes it easy to turn a project on and off, rather than have to disconnect the power supply from the BBC micro:bit.
Once the unit is assembled and attached to the BBC micro:bit the mechanical fixings prevent the battery from being removed unless you use a screwdriver, so whatever the use, the battery will remain safely in place.
- Spacers, fixings and a battery are all provided.
- BBC micro:bit is NOT included, they are available separately here.
- This accessory requires some mechanical assembly.
- No Soldering required.
- Works with micro:bit V1 and micro:bit V2.
- Power your BBC micro:bit from a stylish PCB.
- Break free from the tether to the computer and take your project mobile.
- On-Board buzzer.
- Easy access on/off switch.
- Great for micro:bit mood badges, to allow your micro:bit to become a handheld remote control, and much more.
- This accessory is supplied with spacers, fixings and a battery.
- No soldering required.
- 1 x MI:power board for the BBC micro:bit.
- 3 x Counter Sunk M3 Machine Screws.
- 3 x M3 Hex Full Width Nuts.
- 3 x Plastic Spacers.
- 1 x CR2032 3V Coin Cell.
Project Ideas Video:
Free Laser Cutter DXF Files:
We've also created some free downloadable resources for you to use with your laser cutter. Included in the downloads are DXF files for designs that fit directly to the Mi:power board that allows you to attach it to your belt, wrist strap, lanyard, stand it on your desk or on a design that can be placed in your garden or a plant pot. You can see some examples of these in the images below.
- Length: 51mm.
- Width: 42mm.
- Height: 6mm.
- 1 x BBC micro:bit.
- Pozi drive screwdriver.
Note: this product is sometimes miss spelt as mi power board or mipower