The Pololu Zumo chassis is a small, tracked robot platform that is less than 10 cm on each side, allowing it to qualify for Mini Sumo competitions.
The main body is composed of black ABS and features a compartment for four AA batteries and sockets for two micro metal gearmotors. It ships as a kit with two silicone tracks, two drive and two idler sprockets, a 1/16 inch (1.5mm) acrylic mounting plate, and mounting hardware. (Motors and batteries are not included.)
The Zumo chassis uses two motors, one for each tread. The ideal motors for your robot depend on your desired torque, speed, and current draw, so motors are not included with the chassis.
- A small, tracked robot platform that is less than 10 cm on each side, allowing it to qualify for Mini Sumo competitions.
- Add your own motors, motor driver and microcontroller to easily complete your Robot.
- 2 x Silicone Tracks.
- 2 x Drive Sprockets.
- 2 x Idler Sprockets.
- 1 x 1.5mm Acrylic Mounting Plate.
- Mounting hardware.
- 1 x Black ABS Body Featuring Battery compartment.
- Fully assembled, the Zumo chassis is 98 mm wide, 86 mm long, and 39 mm high, with approximately 5 mm of ground clearance.
- Motors: The Zumo chassis uses two micro metal gearmotors, one for each tread. We stock a suitable 50:1 motor.
- Electronics: You can add your own motor drivers, sensors, and programmable controllers to this chassis.
- Batteries: This chassis works with four AA batteries.
- Programmable Microcontroller: To control your robot you can use a microcontroller such as the microbit or Arduino.