(Suitable for ages 8 years and over)
The BBC micro:bit V2 Go Kit is available in Australia!
This package includes 1x micro:bit V2, USB cable, battery holder and 2x AAA batteries.
And..we also have 10-packs here.
Like the original V1, the BBC micro:bit V2 is a pocket-sized codeable computer with motion detection, a built-in compass, LED display, and Bluetooth technology built in. In addition to these features, the V2 also has:
- Power-saving mode to save power
- A power LED to indicate when your micro:bit is on
- A capacitive touch sensor logo
- A built-in speaker
- A sound sensor with indicator light
- A notched edge connector for using clips, or conductive thread with e-textile projects
- An improved antenna for radio communications
- More computing power, with double the amount of memory and storage space
The micro:bit V2 measures 4cm by 5cm, is available in a range of colours, and designed to be fun and easy to use. It can be coded with something simple in seconds – like lighting up its LEDs or displaying a pattern – with no prior knowledge of computing.
The V2 also connects to other devices, sensors, kits. The latest micro:bit will fit right in to your existing lessons and materials; all the existing MakeCode blocks and MicroPython code will work in the same way as they do on the original micro:bit. The previous micro:bit will also continue to work just as it did before.
For more technical details and updates, please see the official micro:bit site here.