(Suitable for ages 14 years and over)
This amplifier kit can output up to 15W per channel into a pair of high quality speakers. The kit is capable of producing a very loud, high quality stereo sound. The product includes all the components required to build the PCB, but not a power supply, speakers or cable to connect it to audio equipment.
It features a power LED, on / off switch and volume control.
This kit includes:
- 1 x Printed circuit board
- 1 x TDA7297 audio amplifier IC
- 1 x Heat sink
- 1 x M3 nut and bolt
- 1 x 10Kohm dual potentiometer
- 2 x 47Kohm resistors
- 1 x 1Kohm resistor
- 1 x 1N5400 diode
- 1 x Blue LED
- 1 x 470uF capacitor, electrolytic
- 1 x 10uF capacitor, electrolytic
- 1 x 100nF capacitor, ceramic disc
- 2 x 220nF capacitor, ceramic disc
- 1 x Right angle PCB mounting power switch (high current)
- 3 x Two way terminal blocks
- 1 x Panel mounting DC power socket
PCB dimensions: 77.5mm x 59mm. Four mounting points are available, one in each corner.
This kit requires soldering.
Click here to download the essential information
Click here to download the full teaching resources
Note: The heat sink will become hot when the amplifier is used at a high volume for long periods of time. For the heat sink to work at its best it should be mounted in a well ventilated case.