The output of this board can be used to control other electronic circuits, turning them on automatically when it goes light or dark.
The board has space for an LED with a current limit resistor (both available separately) which will light when the output turns on.
The Darlington pair transistor configuration allows an output current of up to half an amp to be controlled. Operating voltage 3V to 12V (lower voltages allow for better adjustment of the switching point).
- This Light Switch Kit detects the brightness of its surroundings using an LDR.
- The kit acts as an automated on/off switch (light dependable) for many devices.
- 1 x 1MΩ Potentiometer.
- 2 x BC337 NPN Transistors.
- 1 x Phototransistor.
- 1 x 220Ω Resistor.
- 1 x Light Activated Switch PCB
Possible applications include:
- Garden light that switches on automatically at night.
- Drawer alarm, which sounds when a dark drawer is opened.
- Line following robot (using 2 light-activated boards).
- PCB Length: 53mm.
- PCB Width: 25.5mm.
- This kit requires soldering.