This temperature activated project kit is also available as a light activated project kit. The output of this board can be used to control other electronic circuits, turning them on automatically when it goes hot or cold.
The board has space for an LED with current limit resistor (both available separately) which will light when the output turns on.
The Darlington pair transistor configuration allows an output current of up to half an amp to be controlled. Operating voltage 3V to 10V (lower voltages allow for better adjustment of the switching point).
- The Temperature Switch Kit detects the temperature of its surroundings using a thermistor.
- The kit acts as an automated on/off switch (temperature dependant).
- 1 x 47KΩ Potentiometer.
- 2 x BC337 NPN Transistors.
- 1 x Thermistor.
- 1 x 220Ω Resistor.
- 1 x Heat Activated Switch PCB
Possible applications include:
- Babies bath over temperature indicator.
- Automatic fan.
- PCB Length: 53mm.
- PCB Width: 25.5mm.
- This kit requires soldering.