This is the Kitronik deluxe stereo audio amplifier kit. This kit can be used with any personal stereo equipment, including MP3 players and Mobile devices, such as tablets and phones with a 3.5mm jack socket. The M3 mounting holes in each of the corners make it straightforward to attach the kit firmly to an enclosure. As with all of our kits, we have provided teachers with full documentation that can be used to deliver high-quality lessons. They can be downloaded from the foot of the product description. The kit can be used in the classroom to teach electronics and product design.
The kit features 2 x FM8002A mono amplifier ICs, one for each channel, which are surface-mounted components that come pre-fitted to the PCB. Once the rest of the circuit has been built and the speakers attached, the amplifier outputs 1.5W per channel into 8ohm speakers. The kit features an on/off switch and status LED and a dual wipe potentiometer volume control.
The kit is supplied with a 3 x AA battery holder (with flying leads) for powering the amplifier, the kit is not supplied with batteries, which need to purchased separately. It can also be powered via the supplied USB cable. This decision needs to be made when building the amp as both cannot be used. The kit requires a 5V supply and draws less than 100mA so a standard phone charger or computer USB port is ideal.
- This kit requires basic assembly and soldering.
- The kit requires 3 x AA batteries (not included).
- This kit is an alternative to the now-discontinued 2141 Deluxe Stereo Amplifier Kit. The features of both kits are very similar, with an exception being differing powering options between the two kits. Please refer to the documentation to ensure that this kit meets your needs.
- This is a 1.5W per channel stereo amplifier kit.
- It can be used with any personal stereo equipment, including MP3 players and Mobile devices with a 3.5mm jack socket.
- The kit has been designed for use in the classroom and can be used to teach electronics and product design.
- Full documentation is available as a download for teachers and students.
- The kit features 2 x FM8002A pre-mounted mono amplifier ICs.
- It is also supplied with a 3 x AA battery holder and a USB power lead.
- Offers an excellent platform for designing custom enclosures.
- 1 x USB power lead.
- 1 x Red 5mm diffused LED - 275mCd.
- 1 x PCB mount slide switch.
- 1 x Dual wipe potentiometer, 10K.
- 1 x 330R resistor.
- 2 x 1K resistor.
- 2 x 100R resistor.
- 2 x Ceramic Capacitor, 50V, 100nF.
- 3 x Electrolytic Capacitors, 50V, 1uF.
- 1 x Stereo Amp Cable.
- 1 x (3x AA) Battery Holder with Flying Leads.
- 2 x 8 Ohm 66mm Speakers.
- 1m Figure 8 Speaker Cable 2x (7x0.18mm).
- 1 x Stereo Amplifier PCB with SMT parts pre-fitted.
- PCB Length: 62mm.
- PCB Width: 50mm.