This Kitronik MI:pro Protector Case for the BBC micro:bit has been designed to work with both the original micro:bit V1 and the new micro:bit V2 and continues in the traditions of our earlier cases. The cases are designed to keep the micro:bit safe, fully useable, and to offer the freedom of not being tethered to a computer.
If a battery holder is attached to the back it can also can be stood neatly on a desk and it also features large and easy to read labels for the A and B buttons. This case provides full access to the bottom pins on the BBC micro:bit so the Edge Connector Breakout Board for BBC micro:bit can be used. One of the key features of the micro:bit is its physical size and this case has been designed with that in mind. It's as compact as we could make it, whilst still offering protection for the micro:bit.
The case is also supplied with a sticky fixer pad so that you can attach a battery holder to the rear of the case, such as can be found in our BBC micro:bit Starter Kit. When a battery holder is used, micro:bit projects can go wherever you go. Even with a battery holder attached, the case is still palm-sized and portable.
The case is easy to assemble and we have included a guide in PDF form that can be found at the foot of this product description.
- This case requires assembly, full instructions can be found in the resources section.
- The BBC micro:bit is NOT included. If you also require a BBC micro:bit, you can order a micro:bit V1 or a micro:bit V2.
- Provides excellent protection to the BBC micro:bit whilst allowing access to the bottom pins.
- Full access to the A and B buttons on the BBC micro:bit.
- Attach a battery cage to the rear of the case with the supplied sticky fixer.
- Full access to pins and connections including the micro USB connector.
- Clear case material shows the on-board LEDs in perfect clarity.
- The case is compatible with versions 1 and 2 of the micro:bit.
- When used in conjunction with a battery holder, micro:bit projects can be fully mobile.
- 4 x M3 Cheese Head Nylon Machine Screw.
- 1 x Sticky Fixer Pad.
- 4 x M3 Nylon Full Nut.
- Laser-cut parts;
- 1 x Back Mounting Plate.
- 2 x Mid-layer Parts.
- 1 x Mid-layer Plate.
- 1 x Front Plate.
- Length: 65mm.
- Width: 37mm.
- Depth (without screws): 12mm.
- Depth (with screws): 18.5mm.
- Flat-head Screwdriver.
- One of the following:
- A BBC micro:bit V1 or BBC micro:bit V2.
- BBC micro:bit Essentails/Go Kit V1 or BBC micro:bit Essentials/Go Kit V2.