A lovely little RGB colour sensor with an IR filter to give a truer colour reading!
- RGB and Clear light sensing elements
- IR blocking filter, integrated on-chip and localised to the colour sensing photodiodes allows for more accurate measurements
- 3,800,000:1 dynamic range with adjustable time and gain so suitable for use behind darkened glass
- 3.3V regulator so you can power with 3-5VDC safely
- Level shifting for i2c pins means you can use 3.3V or 5V logic
- Neutral 4150K temperature LED with MOSFET driver onboard to illuminate what you'r trying to sense (can be turned on or off using any logic level output
- 20.44mm by 20.28mm
Adafruit have put together their traditional Arduino library. Wire up the sensor by connecting VDD to 3-5VDC, Ground to common ground, SCL to I2C Clock and SDA to I2C Data on your Arduino. Restart the IDE and select the example sketch and start putting all your favorite fruit next to the sensor element!