(Suitable for ages 14 years and over)
This kit is the perfect way for beginners to get started with surface mount soldering techniques. The project will require you to hand solder 5 0805 LEDs, 1 0805 capacitor, an SOIC 8 pin IC, and a surface mount switch.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to Australian legislation on coin cell batteries, an alternative battery holder is provided instead of the coin cell holder. DO NOT USE a coin cell battery as they present a hazard for children. For more information see: https://www.productsafety.gov.au/products/electronics-technology/button-batteries
- 5 x 0805 Red LEDs + spare
- 1 x 0805 Capacitor + spare
- 1 x SOIC ATtiny85
- 1 x PCB
- 1 x SMD switch
- 1 x 2xAAAA battery holder
- Soldering iron, a fine tip is best but a standard one is usable.
- Solder, a fine gauge is advantageous but not necessary.
- Tweezers for holding the components.
How to video: