Add line following to your BBC microbit Robot/buggy projects with this Line Following Board for BBC micro:bit.
NOTE: This current add-on is not compatible with the :MOVE mini buggy MK2, but a new model will be in stock for these soon.
Although designed with the :MOVE mini in mind, this board can be used to add line following to any micro:bit buggy. If adding line following to the :MOVE mini, you will need the Line Following add-o for the :MOVE mini, instead.
The board can be used to either follow a dark line on a light back ground or a light line on a dark background. For best results, ensure there is approx. 5mm clearance between the bottom of the board and the driving surface.
The sensitivity of the line following can be adjusted via the two on-board pots, one for each detector. The same pots are also used to change the type of line that will be followed; to detect darker, turn the pot clockwise and to detect lighter, turn the pot anti-clockwise.
The board has an operating voltage (Vcc) of 3V and is rated for a max current of less than 1mA.
There are two output channels via a 5 pin output that has the following configuration; 0V / Left Detector / 3V / Right Detector / 0V.
- Add line following to your microbit Robot/buggy.
- Can be attached directly to the underside of the :MOVE mini.
- Can either follow a dark line on a light back ground or a light line on a dark background.
- The line following sensitivity can be adjusted with a screwdriver.
- No Soldering required.
- Example line following code is provided.
- 1 x :MOVE Line Following board for the BBC micro:bit.
- Length: 43.7mm.
- Width: 31.5mm.
- Max height: 5.7mm
- Pin Header Pitch: 2.54mm.