Kitronik Timed Night Light Project Kit
The colour changing LED on this kit turns on when it goes dark and stays on for a period of time.
This makes a good night light and because the LED is only on for a small amount of time the batteries last much longer than a light that is on all night.
There is an on board trimmer to set the light level at which the LED turns on and another trimmer to set how long the LED stays on for. The maximum duration is about 30 minutes.
When set to 15 minutes and activated once a night the batteries will last two months.
- Adjustable light level sensor.
- Adjustable length of light time.
- 2 x 10K Resistor.
- 2 x 1M Resistor.
- 1 x PCB trimmer 220K POT.
- 1 x PCB trimmer 10M POT.
- 1 x 47R Resistor.
- 1 x Miniature LDR.
- 1 x Capacitor, Electrolytic, 16V, 470uF.
- 4 x 2N7000 N Chanel FET.
- 1 x Colour Changing 5mm Diffused LED - 750mCd.
- 1 x PP3 Battery Clip Lead (Heavy Duty).
- 1 x 3xAA Battery Cage with Clip.
- 1 x Timed Night Light Kit PCB.
- PCB Length: 53mm.
- PCB Width: 41mm.
This kit is supplied in a grip seal bag.
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) here. You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 2139.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
This kit is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.