MonkMakes Puppet Kit for Raspberry Pi
Use your Raspberry Pi (available separately) to take control of this string puppet.
The booklet includes projects for:
- Keyboard control of the puppet
- Recording stop-frame puppet movements to play back and make the puppet move
- Make the puppet wave when it detects movement
Note: Raspberry Pi computer is not included.
The kit includes everything you need to make the puppet apart from a Raspberry Pi, AA batteries, scissors and a screwdriver. It includes a full step-by-step instruction booklet.
The kit includes the following parts:
- Plywood chassis
- MonkMakes Servo Six Board (in anti-static bag)
- Battery box for 4 x AA Batteries (batteries not included)
- PIR movement detector (in anti-static bag)
- 4 x 9g micro servomotors
- Raspberry Leaf GPIO template for Raspberry Pi
- 10 x female to female jumper wires
- Strip of 4 self-adhesive feet
- 4 x wooden servomotor arm extensions
- 7 x nut, bolt and wooden spacer sets
- 6 x self-adhesive pads
- Puppet (note: color of clothes will vary)
- 20 Page Instruction Book a step-by-step guide to your kit
Here is a video of the Monk Makes resident puppet (Pepe) being taught to move using the animate.py program.
Here is the Puppet in action at Preston Raspberry Jam.