(Suitable for ages 11 years and over)
Do you want to try your hand at soldering or brush up on your soldering skills? Then why not try our lighthouse soldering kit? The PCB comes in 2 parts: the main PCB, where you solder the 11 components; and the base PCB, which slots into the bottom of the light house and with a couple of blobs of solder gives your lighthouse a strong and stable stand.
Once soldered this will emulate an Isophase lighthouse but fear not all you lovers of Occulting lighthouses by changing the value of the resistors you can change the flashing pattern.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to Australian legislation on coin cell batteries, an alternative battery holder is provided instead of the coin cell holder. DO NOT USE a coin cell battery as they present a hazard for children. For more information see: https://www.productsafety.gov.au/products/electronics-technology/button-batteries
What you will need:
- A soldering Iron, we recommend a variable temperature soldering station such as our Hakko FX-888D.
- Solder with flux core(s)
- Flush cutters
- Eye protection, flying legs can hurt!
- 2 x AAAA batteries
- 1 x 220 ohm resistor ( Red, Red, Black)
- 1 x 82k ohm resistor (Grey, Red, Orange)
- 2 x 220k ohm resistors (Red, Red, Yellow)
- 2 x 2N3904 NPN Tansistors
- 1 x Power switch
- 1 x 2xAAAA battery holder
- 2 x 10uF Capacitors
- 1 x Lighthouse PCB
- 1 x Stand PCB
- 1 x White LED
Want to know how this works : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multivibrator