Waveshare Game HAT for Raspberry Pi
The Game HAT turns your Raspberry Pi into a portable games console, complete with screen and speakers!
The Waveshare Game HAT is an add-on board for the Raspberry Pi B model computer that makes your RetroPie installation portable, by adding a colour screen, built-in speakers, and controls. RetroPie is a customised version of the Raspbian operating system, with support from a large community, with wiki documentation and regular updates. It's great if you're not wanting to flash custom firmware onto old consoles or install and tweak emulators to work with hardware.
The Game HAT has a downloadable version of RetroPie, that comes complete with all required drivers for the hardware. It can still be updated with current RetroPie updates, easily accessible from the RetroPie menu. There's additional buttons added for the Game HAT's configuration menus, to vary screen settings, and headphone or speaker volume. The HAT can be powered from a Rasperry Pi power supply, and has the option to charge and use a 3500mAH Lithium Ion rechargable battery.
Documentation is available here. The Game HAT comes with an acrylic case, that gives easy access to all the Raspberry Pi USB ports, so you can still plug in a keyboard and mouse if required. If you'd like to customise your case, and have access to a 3D printer, bamsegod has designed an alternative case enclosure, shared on thingiverse.
- 3.5inch IPS screen, 480×320 resolution
- 60 frame experience, smoothly display, no more frame loss
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi A+/B+/2B/3B/3B+ (Raspberry Pi Zero/Zero W/Zero WH requires another HDMI cable)
- Integrates battery charge circuitry, powered from a 18650 lithium battery (NOT included), play anywhere, anytime
- Battery level indicator
- Onboard speaker and earphone jack, listen to the classic retro-gaming tunes as you play
- Game HAT x1
- Acrylic case x1
- HDMI connector x1
- RPi screws pack x1