Pimoroni Scroll Bot - Pi Zero W Project Kit
A robot friend to sit on your desk and scroll the news, weather, or your Twitter feed - Scroll Bot!
The Scroll Bot Kit* combines the Pi Zero W with our new swish Scroll pHAT HD board, and masquerades as a friendly orange robot, perfect for sitting on your desk or on a shelf. It's ideal for scrolling messages or for simple animations and, of course, it takes advantage of the built-in wireless LAN on the Pi Zero W. It'll take around 30 minutes to assemble everything** (check out our assembly guide for details).
- Pi Zero W
- Scroll pHAT HD with 17x7 individually dimmable white LEDs
- Male and female 2x20 pin headers
- Orange robot stand and diffuser
- 50cm USB A to micro-B cable
- USB A (female) to micro B (male) adaptor
- Mini to full-size HDMI adaptor
- Sticker sheet (personalise your Scroll Bot!)
- Comes in a reusable kit box
Scroll Bot uses our new Scroll pHAT HD board, a dense matrix of 17x7 (119 total) bright white LEDs. Each pixel's brightness can be controlled individually, meaning that it's possible to create stunning animations or even anti-aliased text. The LED matrix sits behind Scroll Bot's mouth, and the frosted orange acrylic diffuses the LEDs beautifully.
Use the built-in wireless LAN to make your Scroll Bot internet-connected and have him/her/it inform you of the latest news, weather, track hashtags or mentions on Twitter, or much, much more.
- 17x7 matrix of bright white pixels (119 total)
- Individual PWM brightness control of each pixel
- Uses the IS31FL3731 LED matrix driver chip
- 3-layer orange robot stand and diffuser
- Pi Zero W with single core CPU and built-in wireless LAN and Bluetooth
- Adaptor kit
- 50cm USB A to micro-B cable (power your Pi from an existing charger or computer)
- Python library
- Female and male headers require soldering
Assembled size of Scroll Bot is 125x85x67mm (WxHxD).