(Suitable for ages 11 years and over)
The Unigeek is a unique badge soldering kit. We looked for a PCB house that was willing and capable of producing a PCB with a number of colours at a reasonable price and we finally found one!
Finished in white and gold with a single rainbow effect colour changing LED this badge looks great.
It’s a simple kit to make and should take around 5-15 minutes to make depending on your soldering ability.
Included in the kit:
- 1 x Unigeek multi-coloured PCB
- 1 x Colour changing rainbow LED
- 1 x CR2032 Battery clip
- 1 x Badge pin and clip
- Soldering iron
- CR2032 Battery.
How to assemble:
- Check the contents.
- Apply a blob of solder to one of the pads for the battery clip.
- Seat the battery clip and using pliers hold it down while applying the iron to the pre-tinned pad.
- Solder the other pin allowing the solder to wick through the hole of the battery clip.
- Go back to the first battery pad and apply more solder for mechanical strength,
- Flood solder onto the large gold circle.
- Using pliers hold the flat of the pin against the solder and apply heat to solder the pin in place.
- Solder the LED in place ensuring the LED is orientated as marked.
- Insert battery.
- Apply badge to your clothes.
- Look cool.
How to assemble video: